During your time on Earth, you have two options—leave a negative impact, or a positive one. At ImageFIRST®, we made it our mission long ago to build a great company that positively impacts the lives of everyone we encounter, from our associates to members of our surrounding communities to our customers and their patients. Each day, we’re figuring out new ways that our role as a medical uniform linen service for New Castle, PA and the surrounding communities can leave a legacy of compassion, enthusiasm and care behind us.
For years, we’ve made a commitment to building a positive impact with regular community giving beyond medical scrubs and uniforms in Pittsburgh, PA. Community giving is at the heart of our purpose as a company, and all of our nationwide locations participate in regular giving events with charities like the Ronald McDonald House Charities and Habitat For Humanity.
This year, we set up a nationwide giving event for ten participating locations, asking them to fill backpacks with supplies like pens, pencils, folders, notebooks and art supplies to the organizations of their choice. We also issued a challenge—to beat last year’s Backpack Drive results, which was over 1,000 backpacks filled with supplies and donated to organizations in need. We also spiced things up a little by making the event a competition, with the location that filled the most backpacks being the winner.
Let’s take a look at how many backpacks each location managed to fill, and where the donations went:
- Fort Myers – 36 backpacks, donated to Christa McAuliffe Elementary School
- Chicago – 52 backpacks, donated to DuPage Pads
- Miami – 60 backpacks, donated to Community Development Associate and Cover Girls Leadership
- Atlanta – 100 backpacks, donated to Oakcliff Elementary
- New York City/New Jersey – 100 backpacks, donated to Board of Education Paterson
- King of Prussia – 103 backpacks, donated to Boys and Girls Club Philadelphia
- North Carolina – 120 backpacks, donated to Fairview Elementary
- Dallas/San Antonio– 150 backpacks, donated to Hillwood Middle School and Wood Middle School
- Los Angeles – 160 backpacks, donated to All Stars Los Angeles
- Lancaster/Pittsburgh/Maryland – 179 backpacks, donated to Hands Across America